Whether your students are working towards a GCSE, BTEC, A Level or RSL qualification or, you’re simply looking for enrichment/extra-curricular opportunities, Motionhouse has range of workshops and projects, as well as offering a range of exciting opportunities for students to learn from a professional touring company.
We have had our works featured on past GCSE Dance programmes of study and since then we have developed a range of educational workshops and resources for our touring productions to support teachers. You can find more information about how to obtain one of these products in our shop.
We are able to deliver workshops across the country, if we are touring near you or as stand-alone sessions.
Sessions are suitable for students of all ages and can be tailored to the needs and requirements of the group – no dance experience is required.
We can work with students in Key Stage 3, Key stage 4 as well as Sixth Form. We work collaboratively, and would be delighted to deliver:-
- Deliver repertoire from any of our shows
- Contemporary (variety of styles), flying low, contact improvisation, floorwork, partnering, lifting and acrobatic technique classes
- Offer choreolab or choreographic intensives
- Develop Motionhouse themed schemes of work, BTEC or RSL performance/technique modules or meet BTEC Tech Awards (Levels 1-3) component criteria ensuring the best possible grades for your students
- Offer accredited Arts Awards at Bronze, Silver or Gold levels
- Detailed education resource packs for each of our previous performance works. There is a choice of:-
- Perfect (2005)
- Scattered (2009)
- Captive (2013)
- Broken (2013)
- BLOCK (2016)
- Charge (2017) (online portal)
- WILD (2019)
Our resource packs include audio soundtracks, full-length films/sections of the work by chapter (DVD format), lesson ideas and teaching points for use in school (fully adaptable)
- Performance intensive/residency projects – usually over 3-5 days – leading to curtain raisers, public performances at theatres or festivals, dance films, special events and/or for your specified objectives
- Alternatively, we offer Experience Days where you can visit us in our beautiful rehearsal and creation space at Vitsoe, in Leamington Spa. Your students can enjoy a “day in the life of dancer” and take part in company class, watch rehearsals, learn something new and get a chance to speak to the dancers in a Q&A session.
Download the Workshop Information Pack below to find out more about what we can offer your school. Alternatively, contact us on 01926 887052 or email [email protected]